Job Opening: Urban Farmhand / Client Liaison
About City Bitty Farm:
City Bitty Farm (CBF) is a year-round greenhouse operation that grows microgreens and specialty vegetables for restaurants and institutions throughout the Kansas City metro. Four Season Tools (FST) is the parent company of CBF. FST is a sustainable agriculture solutions company that specializes in year-round farming solutions including greenhouses, movable and fixed high tunnels, and farm development consultation.
About the Position:
Our ideal candidate would have a passion for local, year-round, food production and a sincere eagerness to learn. The high production at CBF requires frequent germinating, watering, harvesting, washing and packaging greens to be delivered to local restaurant and corporate clients twice a week, 52 weeks a year. The greenhouses at CBF help control the environment allowing production in the hottest days of the summer, and the coldest days of the winter.
CBF is a dynamic work environment where processes and responsibilities may change and evolve over time. We desire candidates who exhibit a positive attitude and willingness to work hard, and complete repetitive tasks. The individual employed in the position must always respect food safety practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the farm, and associated businesses (Four Season Tools and AgRoofs)
- Germination, watering, harvesting, washing / packaging greens, & associated record keeping.
- Delivery of microgreens, invoicing, and customer service for CBF clients
- Assist in managing and maintaining the outdoor garden, fruit / nut trees, and transplants grown in the greenhouse.
- Assist in keeping inventory of seeds, compost, and supplies as well as handle procurement of materials.
- Assist in cleaning, construction, and maintenance of the farm, facility, grounds, garden, and greenhouses.
- Assist in marketing and public relations, always promoting a positive brand image for FST and CBF.
- Experience with food production, greenhouses, client relations, delivery, and construction preferred.
- Applicant must have strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, and meet timelines.
- Applicant must be able to articulate themselves well to clients, tour groups, and other employees.
- Applicant must be flexible, have well-developed interpersonal skills, and be able to multi-task.
- Applicant must be able to safely operate and be comfortable with power tools and gas equipment.
- Applicant must be able to perform physical tasks for prolonged hours outdoors.
- Applicant must be trustworthy, have a strong moral character, and be willing for CBF to perform both a background check and have their driver’s record reviewed.
Seeking Full-Time Employees.
The farm is open 7 days / week.
Staff rotates responsibility for opening the farm as early at 7:15am and closing as late as 6:15pm.
The primary work days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday.
The staff schedules and rotates responsibility for farm chores on Wednesday, Saturday, & Sunday.
- $8.50 – $10.50 based on experience.
Please send cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Potential candidates will be emailed a job application to be completed by the candidate and emailed to email@example.com
Potential candidates will start a phone / working interview process.
Position will remain open until it is filled.
CBF maintains a file of applicants for when positions open again in the future.
This job is located at City Bitty Farm, located in southeast Kansas City just west of the old Bannister Mall. It is easy to get to from Rt-71 and I-435. The Troost bus line has a stop less than a block from the farm that runs from CBF to downtown.
Please no phone inquiries